Facial Lines & Wrinkles
Skin Conditions & Wrinkles
Facial lines can tell you a lot about your life. For instance, crow’s feet and smile lines might indicate a happy life filled with laughter and fun. On the other hand, forehead and frown lines might insinuate a life filled with serious contemplation. For many of us, we’d much rather tell you about our lives then let our faces do the talking for us.
There are two classifications of facial wrinkles, static and dynamic. Dynamic wrinkles show up when we make expressive faces and thankfully go away when our face returns to a relaxed state. Unfortunately, those dynamic wrinkles lead to static wrinkles. Static facial wrinkles remain visible, making us often look older than we feel.
So what can we do about facial wrinkles? Well, lets first talk about the kinds of facial wrinkles we might end up with if left untreated.
- Forehead lines: run horizontally across the top of you guessed it, the forehead.
- Frown lines: create vertical lines between your eyebrows.
- Crow’s feet: radiate from the lower lid and outer corners of the eyes.
- Bunny lines: diagonally wrinkle the bridge the nose between your eyes.
- Laugh lines: also known as nasolabial folds, create parenthesis around your upper lip.
- Lip lines: form vertical creases around the edges of your mouth.
- Marionette lines: enclose the chin vertically, and as your cheeks begin to sag.
Now the good news is that just because you’ve led a happy life doesn’t necessarily mean your story needs to be tattooed on your face. Today our dermatologists and clinicians are armed with a host of medical-grade skincare products and skin treatments that would make our ancestors jealous. We have dermal fillers like Juvederm capable of smoothing away deep lines and injectables like Botox that prevent and treat wrinkles. Treatments like chemical peels, microneedling, PRP, IPL, and laser resurfacing stimulate collagen growth, naturally smoothing away wrinkles and fine lines. Since everybody has different skin requirements, it’s best to make an appointment to discuss your anti-aging goals.