Scarring (surgical & Accident)
Skin Conditions - excessive scarring
Sometimes avoiding scars is unavoidable. Whether a scar occurred as a child, the result of trauma, surgery, a woman giving birth, or caused by the removal of tattoos, our reactions to sustained scars are often unique and intimate. Some people wear scars as a badge of honor; others feel disfigured, ashamed, and isolated. No one should feel ashamed of their imperfections in a perfect world, but this is not an ideal world.
In a world of increasing pressures, a world of selfies, and social media, appearances are more important than ever. Our images have become our “brand” in many ways. Most of us would prefer not to have a visible scar, a physical flaw exposed for all to see. Thankfully, there are treatments to minimize a scar’s appearances. It’s possible through cosmetic dermatology.
Our team of medical professionals have the experience and knowledge regarding the latest scar removal procedures to help minimize their appearance. Therapies include several effective techniques and procedures depending on the nature of the scar in question.
The staff at Premièr Medical Aesthetics are experienced in scar reduction and offer a free consultation to learn about your personal goals and to help you better understand your options.
During your consultation, scar remedies include:
- Laser Therapy: using a fractional laser for skin resurfacing and to stimulate collagen production results in scar reduction and smoother skin
- Microneedling: boosts your body’s natural healing process to diminish scars
- PRP: combined with microneedling amplifies results
- Chemical Peels: a specially formulated chemical peel to shed old skin cells, boost collagen, and rejuvenate the skin through cell turnover
- Aesthetician Services: can help treat and discuss aftercare procedures to reach your goals
- Medical-grade Skincare Products: to further extend the treatments’ benefits at home
Depending on the extent of scarring, we have an effective treatment option for patients looking to reduce the appearance of surgical scarring. Experts in their field, you’ll find our caring professionals to genuinely care about helping you become more comfortable in your skin. Call our office for a free, no-obligation consultation and learn how we can help you minimize the appearance of your scar.